Tuesday 20 January 2015

CLOZE TEST

Hello everybody, hereyou have a cloze test to practice for the exam.
The key is below.
Have a nice day! :)


himself      had      that         achieve      way      growing      on      on      their      affectionate      me      to     grow       up      than      so      home     your     what      soon      greatest      each      how     as     his 

We interviewed three people about __________(1) family and friends have affected __________(2) personalities.
Maria Stanovich
I’ve always __________(3) a strong relationship with my family. An important influence __________(4) my personality was my grandmother, Hannah. She was born in 1930 into a poor family with seven children – they had to take very good care of __________(5) other in order to survive. __________(6) up in such difficult conditions had a positive effect __________(7) her, teaching her to share everything, be honest, helpful, hard-working, and __________(8). My grandmother taught __________(9) all these things, making me realize that family is more important __________(10) material possessions.
Katie Dupont
The people around you have the __________(11) influence on your life – they affect the way you behave and think. As __________(12) as Rob and I met, we connected. When Rob was young, his father died in a motorcycle accident. Being brought __________(13) as an only child by a single parent made him independent and ambitious. He left __________(14) at 16, and since then has lived in different places and had various jobs. He’s taught me that it’s important to find time for friends and family and to do __________(15) makes you happy. He always has fun, trying new things, keeping his mind and body healthy, and he still works hard to __________(16) his goals. I greatly admire Rob and I hope that one day I can look at life in the __________(17) that he does.
Jed Mitchell
I spent many hours as a child listening __________(18) my uncle Wilson’s stories. He was the youngest of 11 children whose family lived in a fishing town in Scotland. Life was hard and with __________(19) many mouths to feed, the children began working from an early age. At just 14, my uncle began his first job as a fisherman. That was the beginning of his adventures – he travelled and worked in Alaska, South-East Asia, India, and Africa. He educated __________(20), learnt to be a chef, an engineer, a farmer, and photographer. Uncle Wilson taught me that life is special and that you should take every opportunity that you can to fill it with adventure.

KEY 
1. HOW,  2. THEIR,  3. HAD,  4. ON,  5. EACH,  6. GROWING,  7. ON,  8. AFFECTIONATE,  
9. ME,  10. THAN,  11. GREATEST,   12. SOON,  13. UP,  14. HOME,  15. WHAT,  
16. ACHIEVE,  17. WAY,  18. TO,  19. SO,  20. HIMSELF.


No comments:

Post a Comment